1.30.2015

clover + sunshine







#teenvogue jeans: forever 21 | top c.o. element eden | sunnies: zerouv | shoes c.o lulus

It's still January, right? I didn't somehow sleep through six months of 2015 and land in June? Even for California, this is getting ridiculous. I don't even remember what my own eyes look like because it's been so long since I've seen my face without sunglasses. And yet, Florida is the sunshine state. k sure.

I found these jeans on a rack in Forever21, and though they were ridiculously overpriced and I told myself I definitely would not be buying them under any circumstances, I somehow magically ended up with them at the register. I was starting to panic a bit because as much as I needed these, I didn't NEED them. But I was committed, right? How much power was I giving this judgey cashier who was staring me down?? Was I about to star in a sequel to Confessions of a Shopaholic? I decided to suck it up. Then, she rang it up and said ""$4.96". Guys, I have NEVER moved myself and my purchases that fast out of a store. You know, in case they changed their mind or something. It was a solid steal: they've got a bit of a pattern that keeps them from being basic blue jeans, but doesn't put them in the "cheetah print jeggings" category. Goals.

At the risk of sounding like Gwyneth Paltrow/a middle aged lifestyle/beauty blogger, lately I have really been getting on my lipstick collection, and while I haven't found that one yet, I thought I'd just periodically update you guys.  I have currently landed on MAC "All Fired Up", which is a bit bouncier and pinker than my usual "vampire hunter death shade", as my brother has lightly termed it. Just means they won't see it coming.

I feel like time is moving faster,
 but that might also be because it's taking me so long to write this post.

x J









follow A Bent Piece Of Wire on twitter|facebook|bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Cute outfit, I really enjoyed this post :)
    I'm on your blog for the first time but I will probably visit more often now, because it's so lovely.

    my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR SHOES <3 I need those shoes.
    <3 Katie
    http://luvelylittlelulladoll.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit! The top is adorable and it looks great on you :)

    \ Indigo Lights

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your top! Lovely pictures! :)

    Maria

    http://immariav.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shoes are very cute, and I love your sunglasses! Just followed you, keep up the great work!

    99 OUTFITS | LOOKBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | CHICTOPIA

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely :) You are so photogenic and I love your outfits, very well put together!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what I want to hear. Or what you want to say.

Just remember:

If you're mean, I'll track you down and replace all your shoes with those hideous white tennis things that are so popular among the very sad.