10.24.2014

inspiration in the rabbit hole




IMAGES via TUMBLR


Tumblr is such a weird place. 

It's like a rabbit hole engineered by hipsters and hair dye addicts. It exists in that strange space of the internet where you swear you were only on for twenty minutesbut it was actually twenty years and you now have google glass embedded in your brain and...wait. Sorry, got a little involved there. The point is, it's easy to get lost. But that's not always a bad thing.

Its not hard for me to stay inspired, but every once in a while I begin feeling le shlump. You know the one, where all your outfits start looking like Forever 21 mannequin rejects? That one. When I feel it creeping, I head for the other blog. Most of the time this is like two in the morning, so I end up reblogging nothing but grainy photos of obscure French actresses leaning over balconies, but sometimes, that's all it takes. I wake up with a new way to style my stripes, or a craving for a slightly-out-of-date hairstyle. Sometimes, it's not even that direct.

As you can tell from the above screencaps, the things I enjoy looking at range quite far out of the realm of what I would actually wear/would want to live. I think that's where most people lose their way with the inspiration thing: you can be inspired without needing to directly become your inspiration. Unless your inspiration is Rihanna, and you can, in which case, BECOME THE INSPIRATION.


In short: follow my tumblr.


x Justina


follow A Bent Piece Of Wire on twitter|facebook|bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I love this post! The way you write is very clever and funny :) And you're totally right about tumblr!

    \ Indigo Lights

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore tumblr for fashion inspo. Lovely post :)
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the best way to describe tumblr ever :)
    <3 katie
    http://luvelylittlelulladoll.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the writing you did! Everything is so recognizable haha.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what I want to hear. Or what you want to say.

Just remember:

If you're mean, I'll track you down and replace all your shoes with those hideous white tennis things that are so popular among the very sad.